Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

DANNY: BOY!

If the Flyers are going to succeed this season, they will need Danny Briere to thrive.

There have been enough hints, including one in overtime Sunday during a 3-2 victory over the Penguins, that it will happen.

Though Briere has not scored a goal into an occupied net since Jan. 7, his assist set Scott Hartnell up for the game-winner ... that after playing a splendid, two-way hockey game.

“I am at the time of my career where the puck is not going in,” he said. “It is going to happen. You try to do other things. I want to make sure I don't cost the team anything defensively. I try to set up plays.”

Check out my column on the suddenly re-surging Briere in the Daily Times Monday and, as always, on delcotimes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home