Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Monday, May 14, 2012

TURNER: 'I WASN'T SCARED'

BOSTON --- For all the thought and preparation that went into the Sixers' 82-81 Game 2 victory over the Celtics Monday, nothing mattered more than one thing: At the end, Evan Turner wanted the ball, scored ... and indicated that he would do so again if asked.

It's how the NBA works: Pristine game plans create close playoff games, and big-play scorers make the difference.

Turner is not there --- not yet. But he had six late points Monday that likely saved a Sixers season that already is longer than the know-it-alls expected.


"I wasn't scared to take the shot," Turner said. "I made big shots growing up. I have confidence that when I have an 'iso' or anything like that, I can help the team out."

Check out my column on Turner's big-play moment in the Daily Times Tuesday and, as always, on delcotimes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home