Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Retire the number, then retire the trend

Let me guess, let me guess, let me guess ... no hints, please.

The Eagles are going to honor Brian Dawkins Sunday, aren't they?

Am I right or am I right?

Who would have known? He only had two retirement press conferences already. And that was before similar made-for-whatever press extravaganzas to honor Brian Westbrook and Tra Thomas.

Combined, the former players have 30 this-space-available fingers, but the Eagles apparently are not going to allow an almost-successful era to pass without a Broadway show.

Hey, have fun Sunday. BDawk was a fine man and a fine player. But, please, no more tributes to a championship-free Eagles era.

Because at this rate, they are destined to honor ... you know who.


Check out my column on the NHL, Eagles and other things I don't get in the Daily Times Saturday and, as always, on delcotimes.com.   And don't be surprised if William Tell his own self is caught in the crossfire.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home