Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Wentz's disinterest in Bradford's situation a good sign for Eagles

PHILADELPHIA >> If Carson Wentz is going to be the quarterback the Eagles expect, he is going to have to shed the occasional tackle.

In his first call to the Philadelphia football press Thursday night, he shed one ... and broke into the clear.

Showing a minimum of concern about Sam Bradford's feelings, contract situation or developing holdout, Wentz showed that he will hit the NewsControl Compound with a winning attitude.

"I'm not really sure how it will transpire,” Wentz said, on the phone from Chicago. “I've been an Eagle now for about an hour. So we'll see how it transpires. It's out of my control. I'm not going to worry about it. It will all work out."

Wentz knows how he will react the first time he meets Bradford. And he will not be asking for an autograph.

“Professionally,” he said. “We're both professionals now. It will be what it is. And I won't make it bigger than it needs to be. I'm just going to go in there and focus on what I can control and learn as much ball as I can as quickly as I can.”


Check out the Daily Times and delcotimes.com Friday for my column on the Eagles unnecessarily crowded quarterback room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home